Think About Diabetic Diet
In America, one-third of children and two-thirds of adults are overweight or obese and are more likely to develop diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Diets are always having an immense effect on human health and fitness that means diet and health have a direct relationship between them if anyone neglects it may hamper the other factor as well. So, always should focus on what are you eating and what types of foods are suitable for a particular situation, which foods should avoid entirely. The abundance of cheap food with little nutritional value in the Western diet has shattered the health dramatically.
Diabetic Diet That Should be Restricted or Avoid
Diabetic people should know about those unhealthy foods that can be harmful to their health. They must try to restrict themselves from eating those foods or even skip them if possible.
- White rice
- White potatoes (including fries and mashed potatoes)
- Regular pasta
- White bread
- Sugary breakfast cereal
- Instant oatmeal
- Ice creams
- Fruit juice restricts up to 1 cup of a day.
- Fully avoid sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Fully eliminate Trans fats foods such as processed snacks and baked items.
- Limits the amount of saturated food like up to 7 percent of daily calories means if anyone consumes 2000 calories in a day then, 140 calories should come from saturated fat.
- Beef (7 percent calories)
- Hot Dogs (7 percent calories)
- Bacon (7 percent calories)
- Sausage (7 percent calories)
- French fries
- Cereals with whole grain and lots of sugar
- Canned vegetables with lots of added sodium
- Vegetables cooked with lots of added butter, cheese, or sauce
- White sugar
- Artificial sweeteners
- Cookies foods
- Read labels
- Soy sauce
We need to change our eating style and habit, try to prefer pure, real and clean foods and stay away from frozen dinners and fast foods such as McDonalds, KFC. It will save our lives on so many levels; not just spina bifida, but obesity, diabetes, everything. Bear in mind that food is our best medicine. Although, it look like a big list that diabetic patients should avoid, but diabetic diet can use after little modifications in recipes.