Breast cancer may be a malignancy arising within the duct glands or more appropriately mammary glands. It can affect both men and women though it is much more frequent in women. Every country has different ratios of patients who are diagnosed with breast cancer every year. Around 230,000 women in America are diagnosed with this disease every year. In this article, we will discuss breast cancer symptoms and awareness.
Mostly this disease is found in women. Only 1% men around the globe suffer from this chronic disease. Cancer can be cured if it is examined at an earlier stage. The risk factor in generating breast cancer in women can be age, inherited breast cancer issue or genetic mutation.
Breast cancer is that the most typical cancer to have an effect on women. With simply over 45000 cases diagnosed in Europe in 2011. Every woman out of ten women become the victim of breast cancer in European countries. Several breast cancer awareness programs are showing all across the globe.
Breast Cancer Symptoms
The most dangerous or severe cancers are metastatic cancers. This type of cancers unfolds from the place where it started into different tissues distant from the first tumor area. Most commonly breast cancer metastatic lymph node under the arm or the top of the collarbone on a similar side as cancer. Other different places for breast cancer metastatic are bones, liver, and brain.
In this 20th century, the technology has become so advanced and modern that anyone can easily get aware of his/her disease. Breast cancer awareness is mentioned below:
Early awareness of breast cancer symptoms early can make treatment more effective than in later stages of cancer. Knowing what your breasts ordinarily desire can assist you in detecting some abnormal changes in your breasts. But all changes are not same not mean to breast cancer. Some women suffer from cysts within their breasts and thickness of breast tissues is normal.
A person must be aware of frequent breast changes. You should be aware of such symptoms in your body if your breast:
- Changes its shape
- Changes its outline, particularly those caused by lifting breast and movement of the arm.
- The feel or look of skin changes, dimpling, and puckering.
- Pain and discomfort in breast like never before or which is unusual, notably if it’s new and chronic.
- Formation of new lumps, thickening or jolting areas of breast and armpit that differs the similar area of the other breast.
- Discharge from the nipple that is new for a person that never happened before.
- Bleeding from the nipple.
- Rashes around the nipples that don’t heal quickly and easily.
- Any changes to the nipple position.