The sweet taste with a fine texture and also uncountable banana health benefits make it popular among all other best fruits. It’s true that the glowing yellow color of bananas makes children more attractive to eat this delicious fruit. It is very soft and easily chewable fruit that’s why children love eating bananas. You can also use banana’s skin for a quick shine on leather shoes and handbags.
Banana comes in different sizes such as small, 6-7 inches long, weighs 3 1/2 ounces, medium, 7-8 inches, and weighs 4 ounces, large, 8 – 9 inches, and weighs 4 3/4 ounces.
Banana can be served in the morning as a complement to the breakfast. Just peel it off and you will enjoy a great fruit that is full of vitamins and minerals. There is no need to concern with washing it as it comes in a natural yellow jacket. You can get bananas throughout the year, fresh ones are most likely found at your local supermarket.
Banana Nutrition Facts
Before we discuss banana health benefits, we must know a couple of following nutrition facts.
Serving Size 1 medium (126 g)
|Dietary Fiber||4.7 gm|
Nutritional Banana Health Benefits
Essential Vitamins and Minerals
Bananas contain vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and copper among others. These are great nutrients that the body can benefit from. High potassium translates into a better heart condition, this mineral helps regulate the blood pressure and heart function. The minerals and vitamins contained in the banana help with the energy levels in the body and maintain a high value of carbohydrates. Although bananas are sweet they contain a low glycemic index, this means that the sugar in the banana does not impact the body in a harmful way.
- Free from cholesterol: Banana is a healthy snack for those having high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Rich in fiber: High in fiber, which is vital in reducing cholesterol and make you fuller for a longer period. The fiber content helps with digestion and also regulates the speed of the overall digestion time.
- High in Potassium: It is packed with high energy that is necessary for pregnant women in the third trimester
- Low in Sodium: Lower sodium means to reduce the chances of being caught by high blood pressure. Better to have one banana rather than taking one pack of crisp as a snack.
Uncountable Banana Health Benefits
Have a look at following surprising banana health benefits.
- It contains potassium that is necessary during the third trimester. It boosts energy and helps to a blood clot.
- Bananas build strong and healthy bones by acting as a shield for calcium loss.
- Eating banana is the best choice for diabetic patients.
- This helps in weight loss because it is having a fair enough amount of fiber that keeps you fuller for a longer time and also keeps your bowel healthy.
- Add banans in your daily diet to reduce blood pressure and stroke because of having less amount of salt.
- It helps in getting rid of constipation by healthy digestion.
- It prevents kidney cancer.
- It is the best fruit that provides free radical and protection from the chronic disease because of antioxidants
- It builds a strong immune system because of the cytosine compound.
- Take banana that reduces stress and makes your mood good because of the tryptophan chemical that releases into the blood.
- Presence of Vitamin A in Bananas is good for eye health.
Read more: 11 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Bananas
Banana Health Benefits for Babies
People love to eat a banana because it is easy to carry and is served without much effort. Banana skin can quickly remove, which makes this fruit unique from other fruits. Banana is used in different recipes such as morning breakfast it is usually used in skimmed milk. It can be sliced with peanut butter as a snack. Banana is a safe food for babies because there is not a risk of swallowing any seeds. The mashed texture of the banana is given as the first food to an infant.
Banana for Gym Lovers
Those people who like to go to the gym should eat bananas because:
- Banana can increase workout performance if it is eaten before training because it contains carbohydrates that are essential to provide energy to muscles.
- It maintains blood sugar levels.
- Chances of cramps get reduced.
Optional: You can eat Banana as a snack especially with peanut butter, porridge, and oats, dip in chocolates.
If we sum up all the information we can conclude that these numerous banana health benefits help you to fight against certain diseases and ultimately give you a healthy lifestyle.