[nextpage title=”1″ ]
Childhood obesity is an adverse health condition among children which is caused by excessive body fat. The body gets fat when there is unbalance calories in it that means the excessive input of calories and less burning. There are different methods for measuring body fat according to the age group that classifies as healthy, overweight and obese. Obesity also varies according to gender. Nowadays obesity in children is getting very common all over the world because of the lack of proper childhood nutrition. In a long run, childhood obesity is linked to various diseases such as cancer and diabetes. So, it is very relevant to advise parents how to get rid of obesity among children.
Questions about Childhood Obesity
As a layman, everyone has a couple of questions about childhood obesity such as
Is our child obese?
- To measure weight through an indirect method that is BMI is a first major step. Because it decides either child is healthy, overweight or obese.
What are the main causes of childhood obesity?
- Lifestyle (Behavior and Culture)
- Lack of physical activity
- Medical Conditions
Why do children get obese?
- Poor nutrition such as fizzy drinks, high sugary foods (cakes), chocolates, and big portion sizes, fast foods make children stout.
What would be nutrition for obese children?
- Prefer fruits and vegetables, foods with low calories
What are the health risks associated with childhood obesity?
- Short-term health risks in childhood such as Breathlessness, Increase sweating, Snoring, Back and joint pains
- Long-term health risks in childhood such as Early puberty, Skin Infections, Asthma
How can we prevent obesity in children?
- Changing lifestyle behavior can prevent children being overweight and even obese. Developing a habit, such as eating one or two portions of fruits and cut few sweets is a better idea.
Childhood Obesity in Different Countries
United States Childhood Obesity
- About 1 in 8 preschoolers.
United Kingdom Childhood Obesity
- 2012/13, show that 18.9% of children in Year 6 (aged 10-11) were obese, and a further 14.4% were overweight. Of children in Reception (aged 4-5), 9.3% were obese, and another 13.0% were overweight. It means almost a third of 10-11-year-old and over a fifth of 4-5-year-old were overweight or obese. Reference (WHO)
Australia Childhood Obesity
- 1 in 4 Australian children is overweight or obese.
It is the biggest issue of the 21st century. The government should plan to increase awareness among people and teenagers by health-related programs and campaign in a country or even at the school level. That might reduce childhood obesity among children and individuals as well.
[nextpage title=”2″ ]
Main Reasons of Childhood Obesity
Childhood Obesity Issues
Adolescence weight is a condition where overabundance muscle to fat ratio ratios contrarily influences a tyke’s wellbeing or prosperity. As strategies to decide muscle to fat ratio ratios specifically are troublesome, the determination of heftiness is frequently taking into account BMI. Because of the rising commonness of stoutness in kids and its numerous antagonistic wellbeing impacts, it is being perceived as a genuine general wellbeing concern. The term overweight, as opposed to stout, is frequently utilized as a part of kids as it is less slandering.
What Causes Obesity in Children?
Youngsters get to be overweight and hefty for an assortment of reasons. The most widely recognized causes are hereditary components, the absence of physical movement, undesirable eating designs, or a mix of these elements. Just in uncommon cases is being overweight brought about by a restorative condition, for example, a hormonal issue. A physical observation as well as, some blood tests can preclude the likelihood of a therapeutic state as the reason for corpulence.
In spite of the fact that weight issues keep running in families, not all kids with a family history of heftiness will be overweight. Kids whose parents or siblings are overweight may be at an expanded danger of getting to be overweight themselves. However, you can connect to shared family practices, for example, eating and action propensities.
A youngster’s aggregate eating routine and movement level assume an imperative part in deciding a kid’s weight. Today, numerous children invest a considerable measure energy being latent. For instance, the normal youngster spends roughly four hours every day sitting in front of the TV. As PCs games turn out to be progressively famous, the hours of inertia might increment.
Long-term Impacts of Childhood Obesity
Children who are large are prone to be hefty as grown-ups. In this manner, they are more at danger for adult wellbeing issues, for example, coronary illness, sort two diabetes, stroke, a few sorts of growth, and osteoarthritis. One study demonstrated that youngsters who got to be stout as right on time as age two will probably be fat as grown-ups. It is the first run through in two centuries that the present eras of kids have a shorter life range than their guardians. Whatever methodology folks take in regards to childhood obesity, the object is not to make physical action and to take after a solid eating routine an errand, however, to benefit as much as possible from the open doors you and your family must be dynamic and sound.