What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is spreading like a wildfire in the whole world now. According to the researches if the virus has following four indications can be categorized as a widespread disease.
- It’s a new type of virus.
- It can be transmitted from animals to the human.
- Has the ability to give birth to a new ailment.
- Transmitted from human to human.
Unfortunately, coronavirus has all these following symptoms.
How does it Affect?
It is a spreadable virus that usually attacks the respiratory system of humans and may cause nose and throat infection. Coronavirus is carried by birds (chickens) and animals like cats, cows, and pigs. Researches concluded from further investigations of coronavirus that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. In normal circumstances, it’s not that dangerous but we shouldn’t ignore its consequences as this virus could be worse and leads to death.
History of Coronavirus
The history of SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV are somehow older but we hardly know about 2019 novel coronavirus, the latest type of coronavirus that is spreading quite fast and get the attention of the whole world at the start of 2020 and now become the deadly dangerous concern.
World Health Organization named this particular virus as “2019 novel Coronavirus” after being confirmed by Chinese authorities who declare 300 patients were suffered from this virus and eventually died. With thousands of daily flights concerning the whole world, the virus can travel faster than we expected and that’s the reason 1 case has been reported in the USA.
Awareness about coronavirus is a must because it’s spreading quite fast in different countries. Doctors, as well as the general public, must know about a few basics things like
- How to avoid catching this virus?
- Which best precautions you should adopt?
- What is not coronavirus?
What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
Here we will highlight some of the most common symptoms of coronavirus such as
- Fever, coughing, shortness of breath.
There is no vaccine available for the treatment of coronavirus that reduces the risk of death because this virus is newly being identified and we do not know how it affects people but might be with the passage of time scientist will discover the vaccine for this virus Right at the moment adopting a few simple precautions would be helpful to prevent us from this virus.
Reduce the Risk of Coronavirus Infection
Following are the Standard recommendations by WHO to prevent spreading infection include:
- You should regularly clean the hands with soap preferably alcohol-based hand rub.
- One should cover mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing if you use tissues to wipe out your nose throw into closed bin.
- Prefer to cook meat and eggs properly, stay away from farm animals.
- Avoid close contact with someone who is suffering from coughing and sneezing or some may already carry the virus.
- You should wear a mask when going outside especially into the meat market and keep changing when it gets dirty or wet because of secretions.
- If you get sick while traveling should seek immediate medical care.
As of 31 January 2020, there are over 10,000 confirmed cases reported in 20 countries but alone in Wuhan, china more than 9700 patients are affected due to coronavirus infection and unluckily 177 has passed away.