How To Make Quickly Duck With Kiwi Fruit And Raspberries Recipe
- Duck is a rich meat and is best accompanied with fruit, as in this sophisticated dinner dish.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories per serving: 286
- Fat content per serving: 8.4 g
Which Ingredients You Need
- 450 g/ 1 1b boneless duck breasts, skin removed
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced thinly assorted vegetables
- 225 g/8 oz raspberries, thawed if frozen
- 300 ml ½ pint
- 1 ¼ cups rose water
- 2 tsp corn flour (cornstarch) blended with 4 tsp cold water
Preparation for Duck with Kiwi Fruit and Raspberries Recipe
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium. Skin and trim the duck breasts to remove any excess fat. Using a sharp knife, score the flesh in diagonal lines and pound it with a meat mallet or a covered rolling pin until it is 1.5 cm 3/4 inch thick.
- Place the duck breasts in a shallow dish. Mix together the vinegar, brandy, and honey in a small bowl and pour it over the duck. Cover and leave to chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Drain the duck, reserving the marinade, and place on the grill (broiler) rack. Season and brush with a little oil. Cook for 10 minutes, turn over, season and brush with oil again, and cook for a further 8—10 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Reserving about 60 g/2 oz raspberries, place the rest in a pan. Add the reserved marinade and the rose water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve, pressing the raspberries with the back of a spoon. Return the liquid to the saucepan and add the corn flour (cornstarch) paste. Heat through, stirring, until thickened. Add the reserved raspberries and season to taste.
- Thinly slice the duck breast and arrange fanned out on warm serving plates, alternating with slices of kiwi fruit. Spoon over the sauce and serve with a selection of vegetables.