Fruits Health Benefits as Discussed in The Quran
Pomegranates Health Benefits
Pomegranates are a very popular fruit rich with nutrients and unique taste. Some of the world’s best pomegranates are grown in Kandahar, Nimruz, and Balkh in the southern region of Afghanistan. Clusters of juice sacs filled with edible sweet pink pulp are cut out from the center of the fruit and eaten.
* The pomegranate has no cholesterol or saturated fats and only 83 calories.
* Granatin B and Punicalagin are found in the juice and are effective in reducing heart disease.
* They are a good source of vitamins such as pantothenic acid, vitamin K, calcium, copper, potassium, and manganese.
* Experts say it has also been found to be effective against benign prostatic hyperplasia, diabetes, and prostate cancer.
* Vitamin C in the pomegranate helps resist against infections by boosting the immunity.
Grapes Health Benefits
Grapes have been known as ‘the queen of fruits’ for centuries. They grow in clusters on a woody vine and have a smooth this skin covering the soft, fleshy fruit. There are red/purple variety, green/white, and blue/black variety. Some of the most popular green grapes are Thompson seedless, calmeria and sugarone. They are grown year-round around the world. They are also very low in calories and have zero cholesterol levels.
* Grapes are high in the water for good hydration.
* They are rich in micronutrient minerals such as copper, iron, and manganese.
* Grapes are high in vitamin C, A and K and complex riboflavin, and thiamin.
* Red grapes are high in anti-oxides that have and anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer fighting effects.
* Resveratrol found in red grapes can help prevent the risk of stroke and is found in red wine.
* Grapes can be made into wine, juice, jams, raisins and vinegar.
* High fiber and potassium help support heart health.
* Raisins, made from grapes, are high in iron.
Bananas Health Benefits
The banana is thought to exist for over 4000 years originating in Malaysia. The banana plant belongs to the family lily family and is harvested throughout the year. The banana plant can grow from 10 to 26 feet; the fruit cluster can contain 50 to 150 bananas. Bananas have a protective outer skin that covers the inside creamy-white edible fruit. They are one of the highest caloric tropical fruits containing 90 calories.
* Bananas are rich in serotonin and dopamine that can help fight depression.
* High in fiber, they stimulate the stomach lining to help fight ulcers and reduce constipation problems.
* Bananas provide minerals such as copper, manganese, and magnesium.
* Vitamin B6 in bananas helps decrease the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
* Potassium is very abundant in bananas that can help fight the harmful effects of sodium and help control heart rate and blood pressure.
Figs Health Benefits
The fig tree is native to Asia Minor, Turkey and the eastern Mediterranean region, Spain and USA. The fruit of the fig is sweet and has been enjoyed thousands of years. They are high in phytonutrients, anti-oxidants, and vitamins. The fig is low in calories, only 74and are available year round. Figs are available fresh or dried.
* B-complex vitamins are in fresh as well as dried figs. Niacin, folates and pantothenic acid work on the metabolism of carbohydrates and proteins.
* They are good sources of calcium, copper, manganese, iron, zinc, and potassium.
* The chlorogenic acid in figs helps to lower blood sugar levels in type-II diabetes in adults.
* Figs have a significant level of vitamin A, E, and K, which help to protect against cancers, infections, and diabetes.
Conclusion about Health Benefits of Fruits
Fruits that are discussed in the Holy Quran are part of our diet today such as banana, grapes, figs, olives, pomegranates. These fruits have numerous health benefits and are included in meals all over the world. People have different taste and choices, but still, they can either use these foods as a salad or even as a main dish. If we sum up this whole debate, we make a conclusion that no one can deny the importance of fruits health benefits.