A medical diagnosis explains that constipation is defined as having less than three bowel movements in a week or pain passing the stool after more than three days without evacuate. Feces become harder and dryer after more than three days in the bowel and are harder to execrate. Constipation can be a symptom of colon cancer, so if you have a problem using the toilet, call a doctor. Usually, women face constipation problems a larger part of their lives. This problem is shown during pregnancy and menstruation. In this article you will able to learn about home remedies to get relieve from constipation.
First, you must know few symptoms of constipation so you can explain this problem to your doctor. It helps doctors to diagnose constipation because only a few cases need special examintion. On rare occasions, they ask for a blood test when the hormonal disorder is suspected; Doctors also order Barium studies or colonoscopy to discard colon obstructions. Most of the time, they only look for symptoms in patients.
- The first thing is to ask about abdominal pain. After several days of constipation, people feel sever pain when they evacuate the hard stool. When this kind of episode happens, they report anal bleeding.
- Other symptoms of constipation are the hard or small stool, vomiting, strain to feel bowel movement, defecate less than three stools per week, and need help to empty the rectum, such as using hands to remove stool from the rectum or pressing the abdomen.
- If you see yourself in more than two or three symptoms in less than six months, contact a doctor. Remember, that constipation happens when you have a slow bowel movement and this causes stool to become hard and dry.
Causes of Constipation
Low Fiber Diet
- People diagnosed with constipation, usually have a low fiber diet, are monotones with a lack of physical activity, do not drink at least 2 liters of water each day, and delay going to the bathroom when they feel bowel movement due to pain.
- People with hypothyroidism have a slower metabolic process that affects bowel movement, especially in young people. Inclusive people who take a lot of painkillers suffer from constipation because these pills are in the digestive tract and affect bowel movement. People with this problem are used to take lots of pills like ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- There are also people who suffer from chronic constipation when the bowel movement become difficult for several months; in this case, they need a special diet and medicine to complete the daily task to discharge. The persons with chronic constipation must do excessive strain to encourage bowel movement and experience a lot of pain while pushing, causing bleeding and maybe an anal fissure.
Constipation in Children
- In children, you can see cases of constipation when kids are afraid of going to the bathroom or when they are not ready for toilet training. Usually, children have a very soft stool, and it is very rare when they have constipation. Some children have a hard stool and faster bowel movement, so they are not in pain.
Natural Foods for Constipation Relief
- You must drink at least 2 liters of water each day.
- You can also take a natural laxative as molasses, oatmeal’s and lemon juice, this work in the digest system, due it encourage normal bowel movements and soft stool.
- Fiber is a natural material that cannot be absorbed in the bowel it swells after it draws water from its surroundings; making softens stool. The food rich in fiber like grains, wheat, corn, and rice bran; also, eat fruits like berries, plums, pears and apples.
- You can also drink the milk of magnesia liquid or lactulose drinks because it may help you to have a more regular bowel movement.
Exercises for Relieving Constipation
To avoid having constipation, you must have an energetic life with regular exercise. If you combine physical activity with healthy food, you will have a regular bowel movement.
Working out at the gym, doing abdominal exercise at home or just jogging, at least, three times weekly with the help you, making more regular bowel movements. People should go each day at the same time. Defecate whenever you feel the urge, do not wait.
You must change your diet routine and eating habits if you want to get relief from constipation. You must drink a lot of water and a diet rich in fiber that helps to encourage bowel movements and make the stool soft. Do not wait until the pain is awful and write on paper, the things that you eat and how long take you to defecate, you are eating stuff that blocks your colon.