A medical diagnosis explains that constipation is defined as having less than three bowel movements in a week or pain passing the stool after more than three days without evacuate. Feces become harder and dryer after more than three days in the bowel and are harder to execrate it. Constipation can be a symptom of colon cancer, so if you have a problem using the toilet, call a doctor. Usually, women’s face constipation problem a larger part of their lives. This problem is shown during pregnancy and previous to menstruation. But don’t worry from this article you will able to learn about home remedies to get constipation relief.
Is it important to know the symptoms of constipation for getting a constipation relief?
Here you can read the symptoms of constipation that help doctors to diagnose constipation because only a few cases need special exams. In rare occasions, they ask for a blood test when the hormonal disorder is suspected; Doctors also order Barium studies or colonoscopy to discard colon obstructions. Most of the times, they only look for symptoms on patients.
- The first thing is asking people for abdominal pain. After several days of constipation, people have strong pain and then diarrhea as a result of bowel movements that allow them to evacuate the hard stool. When this kind of episodes happens, they report anal bleeding.
- Other symptoms of constipation are the hard or small stool, vomiting, strain to feel bowel movement, defecate less than three stools per week, and need help to empty the rectum, such as using hands to remove stool from the rectum or pressing the abdomen.
- If you see yourself in more than two or three symptoms in less than six months, contact a doctor. Remember, that constipation happens when you have a slow bowel movement and this cause stool to become hard and dry.
Causes of Constipation
Low Fiber Diet
- People diagnosed with constipation, usually have a low fiber diet, are monotones with a lack of physical activity, do not drink at least 2 liters of water each day, and delay going to the bathroom when they feel bowel movement due to pain.
- People with hypothyroidism have a slower metabolic process that affects bowel movement, especially in young people. Inclusive people who take a lot of painkillers suffer from constipation because these pills are in the digestive track and affect bowel movement. People with this problem are used to take lots of pills like ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- There are also people who suffer from chronic constipation when they bowel movement become difficult for several months; in this case, they need a special diet and medicine to complete the daily task to discharge. The persons with chronic constipation must do an excessive strain to encourage bowel movement and experience a lot of pain while pushing, causing bleeding and may be an anal fissure.
Constipation in Children
- In children, you can see cases of constipation when kids are afraid of going to the bathroom or when they are not ready for toilet training. Usually, children have a very soft stool, and it is very rare when they have constipation. Some children have a hard stool and faster bowel movement, so they are not in pain.