Start your day with some morning stretches that will give you energy throughout the day. It is an excellent way to shake off the tired feeling that keeps following you all day long. Stretches are always essential to reduce stiffness or stress that you feel during exercise or even daily physical activities. Similarly, everyone should do stretches before getting out of bed because we sleep in different postures or positions that caused stress or stiffness throughout a night.
Best Morning Stretches for Upper Body
See how morning stretches make you active all day long. It is not recommended that you should perform all these following stretches at once. In fact, you can select few of them.
- It will help you release the tension accumulated during the night time. Stand with your feet apart, hip distance, and round the back while the arms remain straight and the hands are clasped. Try to visualize your shoulder blades as they spread across your back. Do this for one or two minutes as you keep the position described while breathing deep a couple of times.
- Stand close to a table or bed and cross your legs one in front of the other while pointing forward with your feet. Reach with one arm over your head and let to movement sink into the opposite hip. Try to visualize a line that starts from your ankle to the tip of your fingers the hand should come over your head. Repeat the exercise on the another side while inhaling and exhaling two or three times.
- Stand on the edge of the bed or chair with your legs in front of you together. Rotate your spine from the waist with one hand on your outer thigh and the other behind you. The neck will also get a stretch if you point your gaze over your shoulder just like when you try to look behind you. Repeat on the other side and hold for a couple of deep breaths.
Squash Side Stretch
- Pose at the focal point of the cot with the legs crossed. Join the fingers with the palms confronting out, and expand the two arms over the head. Devoid of lifting the buttocks from the bed, gradually twist from the lower part of the body to one side. Stop, and then come back to focus. Rehash on the right side, then come back to concentrate on finishing the stretch.
Reverse Toe Reach as well as Roll
- Pose at the focal point of the cot with the legs criss-cross. At that point expand the right leg pointing to the part of the couch. Twist toward the perfectly beautiful put the right lower arm behind the cradle simply at the right leg, as well as incline onward as you utilize the other hand to get to the right toes.