Natural Remedies : Healthy Foods that May Encounter Depression
Vitamins and Herbs for Reducing Depression
Depressed individuals want to get out from under the weight of the world by trying, anything reasonable that promises relief. Many turn to vitamins, minerals, and herbs and results usually show they were wise to do so.
- Vitamin B-complex, 100 mg daily, vitamin M1, 400 mg daily, Vitamin B12, 2000mcg daily, Vitamin C, 1000 mg three times daily, Folic acid, 5 mg daily, L-tyrosine, 1500 mg after breakfast and lunch, DL-phenyla-lynine, 1000 mg taken twice daily with L-tyrosine.
- The herbs such as St john’s wort has been used for the centuries to release the depression from the mind. These herbs use as the alternative to the antidepressants pills, and there is also no side effect of using these remedies.
- Skip wheat, sugar, and other refined carbohydrates.
- You should quit alcohol and caffeine.
- Foods high in tryptophan, including turkey, chicken, avocado, dairy products, bananas, dates, fig, kiwi fruits, mango, pecans, plums, tomatoes, and walnuts are a good healthy option.
- Foods high in vitamin B1, including brewer’s yeast, broccoli, brown rice, Brussels sprouts, eggs, asparagus, fish, poultry, whole grains, legumes, liver, peas, kelp, oatmeals, plums, prunes, raisins, and nuts.
- Eat foods high in vitamin B12, including liver, sardines, mackerel, herring, red snapper, flounder, salmon, lamb, Swiss cheese, blue cheese, eggs, haddock, beef, halibut, anchovies, chicken, turkey, milk, and butter.
- Eat foods high in folic acid, including whole grains, wheat germ, bran, brown rice, liver, milk, beef, barley, chicken, tuna, salmon, lentils, legumes, mushrooms, and green leafy vegetables.
- Eat foods high in vitamin C, including rose hips, acerola cherries, guavas, black currants, red peppers, oranges, grapefruit and other citrus fruits, cabbage, papayas, cantaloupe, and tomatoes.