Ramadan is the best month among all because it brings a bundle of divine blessings for all of us. The purpose of fasting is to make us realize how poor people spend their whole day when they have nothing to eat. This month addresses us to build patience. Despite all this, we should take care of our health also. If we remain healthy, active, and energetic all day we can enjoy our fast in a good manner.
Here’s the hadith of our Prophet regarding healthy eating habits:
A human being fills no worse vessel than his stomach. It is sufficient for a human being to eat a few mouthfuls to keep his spine straight. But if he must (fill it), then one-third of food, one-third for drink and one-third for air. [Ibn Majah]
The prime issue in Ramadan is that majority of people put on weight because of sudden changes in eating plans, and sleeping disorders. Now there is no need to be worried about it because following Ramadan weight loss diet tips will help you to lose weight and make you healthy as well.
Ramadan can be the ideal open door for a healthy start for your body. If you need to get more fit this Ramadan, you must follow a fasting diet plan. First, let’s go through some weight loss fasting diet tips.
What to eat what not to eat for a healthy weight loss
People are anxious about their health and fitness, and for this reason, they always find out various methods to maintain their physical fitness. Now they have a chance to utilize the month of Ramadan that assist them to boost fitness by choosing the right food combinations. Therefore, It is formidable to have knowledge about how to follow Ramadan weight loss diet tips that means what is good to eat and what is not.
Ramadan Weight Loss Diet Tips
You need to make an addition of a few things in the sehri and iftar menu to get topmost health benefits. Especially, if you are looking for dream weight loss during the month of Ramadan.
Which Food You should Eat in Ramadan
- You must eat slow-digesting foods so as to provide energy throughout the day. Like complex carbs, protein, and fiber.
- You can drink yogurt lassi for keeping your digestive system well. It is an excellent tip to cope with this summer weather. No doubt it’s a low calories diet but keep you fuller for a longer, energetic and you wouldn’t feel thirsty.
- Adding 3 dates in sehri menu will be helpful to maintain the glucose level in your body.
- Fresh fruit juices would be an excellent choice to start your day in a nutritious way.
- Eat one chapatti with any type of curry but most preferably chicken breast curry and lentils. You can also eat yogurt with it.
- You can eat paratha with egg, yogurt but use 1 tablespoon of olive oil for making paratha.
- Prefer vegetables curry at sehri time because vegetables are full of protein, vitamins, and minerals that a healthy body needs.
- Drink plenty of water so to avoid dehydration that you may feel lately because of sweating in the hot season. Removing toxic substances from your body is the best way to reduce weight.
- Nuts and dried fruits are a super source of fiber, protein, and carbohydrates that assist in maintaining sugar level into your body and keeping your digestive system running. Sprinkle it on salad or curry. Add a few raisins, dried apricot, and almonds into your cereal.
- Seeds are also the best source of protein and fiber that can fulfill your daily dietary fiber and mineral requirements. Sprinkle some seeds on your curry or even add into your cereal to give it some crunchy taste.
Which Food You should Avoid Eating In Ramadan
- Avoid red meat, better to eat chicken breast, and fish curry at Sehri.
- If you are already following any diet plan that includes detox then there is no need to do a detox in Ramadan.
- Your priority is to exclude white rice in sehri menu although white rice is fast-digesting carbohydrates if compared to brown rice still it’s not a healthy choice to eat in sehri because the majority of people sleep after eating this and do not give proper time to digest and eventually it will make your stomach heavy.
- Refrain from all kinds of fast foods and processed foods because additional flavoring can cause you weight gain.
- You should avoid milky tea, milky coffee. It is always advisable to drink tea or coffee without adding milk for weight loss. Also, you must not drink fizzy and carbonated drinks like coke, artificial juices.
- High sugar food like biscuits, cakes, chocolates, sweets, you must stay away from these unhealthy foods.
- Any food that is made from refined carbs such as white bread and white flour, white rice, and pasta is not a healthy choice because these foods are calories dense.
- Avoid oily and spicy curry because it will make you thirsty sooner.
Enjoy your Ramadan with these delicious and energy booster recipes and at the same time, you will accomplish your weight loss goal. Now you can proudly say yes you are following a fasting diet plan.
- Take two slices of brown bread, peanut butter, boiled egg. Put 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on one slice, add small pieces of hard-boiled egg on another slice. This recipe is a perfect choice that keeps you full for longer. In addition, you can eat strawberry yogurt 250 ml. You can also replace peanut butter with avocado or fat-free cheese.
- Take 1 glass of milk, 2 banans, and 10 almonds, avoid adding sugar in it. Shake it well and enjoy this delicious smoothie. This recipe is nutritious dense. You will get the right amount of carbohydrates, protein, and sugar. Dates maintain the glucose level in your body, also it is a good source of fiber that no doubt makes your body full for a longer.
- Your sehri may include porridge with milk and honey will feed a good amount of fiber to your body. Fiber is must eat nutrient that keeps your body fuller for a couple of hours.
- Fish or chicken breast fresh vegetable salad: Take 1 cucumber, tomato, 1 cup of broccoli or cabbage, 1 carrot, 50 gram boiled sweet corn. Cut all the vegetables in the bowl, add 150 grams of fish or chicken breast grilled pieces. You can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle some black pepper over it and mixed it. Enjoy it!
- Fish Parcels: Take 200 grams of fish, mix yogurt, black pepper, and other herbs which you like and put it for marinate. Wrap it in foil paper, and baked in the oven or cooked at 400 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Therefore, when you make a decision to follow a fasting diet plan you must follow the above guidelines. It will help you to pick and cook food that is best suited for weight loss. When cooking your most loved Ramadan recipes it is more beneficial if you use less fat that mainly comes from oil rather you adopt different methods like steaming, air fry. Remember less amount of fat in your cooking does not mean sacrificing its flavor. You can improve the flavoring of your dishes by adding different herbs and flavors, that would be an excellent addition with extremely low calories.