[nextpage title=”1″ ]
People are so confused about middle back pain because they are not able to diagnose the exact location of this pain. The other name of middle back pain is the thoracic back pain. Once, this pain starts it goes over the entire back body. Let me explain, at which point this middle back pain lies and which vertebrae are responsible for this middle back pain.
“The discomfort area between upper and lower back and in a medical term it is called or referred as lower thoracic area. If you feel any back pain which starts from T1 and goes up to T12, then you can consider it as middle back pain.
Simple Questions about Middle Back Pain
- What are the causes and symptoms of this middle back pain?
- How can we get relief from this middle back pain?
- How can we diagnose upper and middle back pain ourselves?
- What are the possible middle back pain treatments?
- What type of surgery might be done for middle back pain?
- How can I treat my middle back pain at home?
10 Reasons of Middle Back Pain
Middle Back Pain Reasons
These are the following grounds of middle back pain and once you diagnose this middle back pain then you must figure out the best methods to get relief from this cure middle back pain as soon as possible before it starts troubling your lifestyle.
- Lack of middle back exercises
- Wrong posture
- Serious injuries (car accident)
- Structural problems (scoliosis, kyphosis)
- Spinal tumor or bone marrow cancer
- Joint disorder (pain getting worse in cold weather)
- Kidney infection or stone
- Obesity and smoking
[nextpage title=”2″ ]
Stretches for Middle Back Pain Relief
“Stretches increase the flexibility of muscles that results in less pain or injuries.”
- Hand grip should be little wider than shoulder and when you lift your body up, avoid giving jerks to your body.
Fixed Object Stretch:
- You can perform this stretch by holding a fixed object. When you hold a fixed object, slightly extend your arms or move back until your arms and back become parallel to the floor.
- There are varieties of floor stretches that assist your back muscles and make your back stronger. You can also do floor stretches with the help of exercise ball.
- This especial stretch is very useful for those whose job nature is sitting and they spent hours and hours on their desk. It is a good idea to perform office stretch by sitting on your chair. You need to lean forward until your hands touch to the floor.
- A Foam roller is good for your entire back because it reduces stiffness. Put foam roller under your lower back and slightly start moving upward and when you moving up try to keep back straight.
- For this particular stretch, you need an exercise ball. First, you need to choose a right size of the exercise ball. You can get the idea by yourself, either you picking up a right or wrong exercise ball. Keep exercise ball on the floor, kneeling down, extend your arms and place directly on the exercise ball. Your back, arms should be parallel to the floor that means you picking up the right size. You can perform this stretches by flexion and extension of your arms.
Reverse Palms Stretch:
- People normally perform this stretch because they consider it easiest but still you must ponder on few things like when you reverse your palms, keep your body straight, extend your arms until it become parallel to the floor or reaches in front of your shoulder, and your neck should be straight.
- This yoga pose works for entire back muscles and for your hamstring muscles too. For this pose, you need to be careful because it requires more flexibility for your hamstrings muscles. Start with the plank position, elbows directly under the shoulder, slowly lift your hips and moving down your neck meanwhile and keep lifting until you get the same dolphin pose. Tip: For the beginners, you can slightly bend your knees
Eagle Arms Stretch:
- It works for rhomboid muscles. You can perform this stretch early in the morning. Start with spreading your arms, cross the right arm under the left arm in front of you, try to bring your right hand towards your right shoulder and if possible, hold the fingers of a left hand from the back of your hand. Avoid stretching too much because you will get the flexibility gradually.
Cat Pose Stretch:
- This stretch possibly the best stretch because it strengthens the wrist, shoulder muscles and also brings flexibility to the spine. Get down on the floor that your hands directly under shoulders, your palms firmly on the floor, your back must be parallel to the floor, inhale when you move your neck inward by lifting your back and exhale when you moving your neck upward and bringing down your spine inwards.
“These stretches increase the flexibility of muscles that will ultimately reduce this cure middle back pain.”