Upper Ab Workouts
The key to building the base of your much-desired “six-pack abs” lies in developing your upper abdominal area. The upper ab workouts are also equally valuable like middle and lower ab workouts. This upper ab portion is beneath the lower part of a chest. If anyone gets fat on this portion, it can put an adverse effect on the shape of a chest. So, training for each and every muscle is vital if you are looking for perfect body shape. Like middle, lower and obliques workouts it entirely depends on where and whenever you like can do your workouts. You are not bound to go go the gym for workouts. Men and women both can workouts for upper ab. If anyone is getting tired of doing upper ab workouts and not getting results then follow these exercises for maximum benefits in a form of sexy upper ab.
Highly Recommended Upper Ab workouts
An exercise move, known as the “crunch” is highly recommended by gym trainers and experts alike. You start by lying on your back and feet flat on the floor, with your knees bent and slightly apart. You begin by crossing your arms over your chest and placing your hands on your neck. And try to lift your head up using your abdominal muscles for a fixed period and then going back to the original position. Repetition of this move in your trainer’s recommended number of intervals provides optimum results.
There are also variations of this exercise: one of them is called the “double crunch,” which involves two movements. The basic abdominal crunch, combined with the flexing of the hips. It is achieved while sitting perpendicular on an inclined exercise bench, and using your hands to hold on to the base of the seat. This exercise is highly strenuous and intense, and besides targeting your abdominal area, it also targets your hips and thigh muscles at the same time.
Upper Ab Workouts at Gym
These exercises can be done only at a gym.
- Cable Crunches (12-15 reps)
- TRX Body Saws
- Swiss Ball Weighted Crunches (10-12 reps)
- Overhead Decline Weighted Sit-Ups (10-12)
- Ab Wheel Rollouts (8 moves on each side)
- Floating BOSU Crunches (8-10)
Upper Ab Workouts at Home
These exercises can perform at home without any machine.
- Wide-Leg Cross Sit Ups (10-12 reps)
- Declined Torso Twist Ab (10 reps)
- Stomach Crunch (15 reps)
- Ab V-Ups (10-12 reps)
- Captain’s Chair
- Bicycle Crunches (10 each side)
- Hip Lift 10 reps
- Tabletop Crunch (15 reps)
- Toe Touch Crunch (10-12 reps)
Tips for Upper Ab Workouts
- Choose 5 to 6 exercises and do three sets of each exercise.
- You can workouts six continuous exercises then 1-minute rest then again six exercises 1-minute rest and third set again six exercises at once.
- Total time is taken not more than 20 minutes. You can burn more calories if you choose your workouts in this way.
- Rotation of exercises after two weeks are good because muscles get used to with the same workouts.
- You can individually perform lower ab workouts or a select couple of lower ab exercise and mix it with middle and lower ab.
- Do three workouts following one day off in a week with three workouts of cardio.
- Look for quality, not quantity.
These tips should be kept in mind while performing upper ab workouts by men or women in the gym or even at home for getting desired results.