Vegetables Health Benefits as Discussed in The Quran
Here we have reasons to explain vegetables health benefits that Holy Quran has discussed. This book is the eternal basis of Islam and contains guidelines for people. The Holy Quran has verses that speak of the relevance of the natural equilibrium of the earth and the importance of eating cucumbers, garlic, lentils, and onions. Vegetables are plants that people eat as food and content nutrients like vitamins, essential amino acids, minerals and antioxidants that help to have a better life. Vegetables have tremendous health benefits and people from all over the world include vegetables into their meal.
Vegetables Health Benefits
Let’s start explaining the health benefits and nutritional benefits of vegetables that are also discussed in the Holy Quran, specifically those of cucumbers, garlic, lentils, and onions because they are part of our diet.
You can read the sacred book, how people ask God for food: “To bring forth for us out of what the earth grows, of its herbs and its cucumbers and its garlic and its lentils and its onions”,
Cucumber Health Benefits
- When we talk about vegetables health benefits cucumber gets the first place in that list. Qissa or Khiarun is the Arabic name of this vegetable, which belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. A cucumber is 95% water, so it’s a refreshing relief for hot days because it helps to keep you hydrated. This vegetable also has vitamins K, B and C. It also has minerals such as copper, potassium, and manganese.
- Cucumber contains unique polyphenols that may help to lower the risk of breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer in humans. In the brain, it has a particular job thanks to fisetin, an anti-inflammatory flavonol that prevents memory and brain diseases. Cucumber also freshens your breath and helps you to relieve feelings of anxiety.
- Some people don’t like the taste of cucumber and so tend to avoid it in their diets. If you are one of them, you can put it on your skin to alleviate irritations and sunburns. It also helps with puffy eyes, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties.
Garlic Health Benefits
- Soom is the Arabic name of this plant, which belongs to the Alliaceae family. Food that contains garlic can be very helpful against diseases like paralysis, digestive problems, asthma, intestine pain, cough, and headache. Some people even drink garlic juice, because it works dissolving accumulated mucus in bronchial tubes and lungs, helping them to breathe better.
- Garlic is a known rejuvenator, due to its high percentage of vitamins and minerals. This aromatic spice is very efficient against heart diseases because it removes toxins and revitalizes the blood. People with blood pressure problems eat it as part of their daily diet since it also dissolves fats.
- Garlic has diallyl sulfide and is very effective fighting the Campylobacter bacteria that causes intestinal infections, according to a study published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy.