Vegetables Health Benefits as Discussed in The Quran
Onions Health Benefits
- The Arabic name of Onions is Basal, and they belong to the Alliaceae family. Garlic and onions are part of the same family, like cousins. Onions famously help improve sperm production in men, and the bulbs are considered aphrodisiac.
- This vegetable is proven to promote the general health of the body when eaten raw, thanks to the diuretic, expectorant and antiseptic properties. Women with menstrual and intestinal pains should eat it.
- This vegetable is proven to promote the general health of the body when eaten raw, thanks to the diuretic, expectorant and antiseptic properties.
- Also, baked onions are used to remove an infection from sores. As part of natural first aids fresh onion juice works as the anti-inflammatory for bee and wasp stings, animal bites, and poisonous plants’ grazes.
- A lot of investigation studies demonstrate that onions protect heart and blood vessels when it is consumed in a diet rich in other vegetables and fruits.
Lentils Health Benefits
- Lentils belong to the Leguminosae Family, and the Arabic name of this grain is Adas. Lentils are low in calories and high in nutrients. They contain high levels of soluble fiber, folate, and magnesium, which is why they help to reduce blood cholesterol, keeping arteries clean.
- The fiber helps to prevent digestive disorders and stabilize blood sugar levels. People with diabetes and hypoglycemia must have a diet rich in lentils.
- Lentils also help to prevent heart diseases. The magnesium mainly improves the body function, because it improves blood flood and oxygen. Medical studies prove that low levels of magnesium in the body are associated with heart diseases.
- Lentils also contain a high level of protein and iron, so it helps to increases energy in the body.
- Lentils are one of the world healthiest foods and a cup of lentils only has 230 calories, this is a nutritional plate that will fill you up and not out.
Vegetables that are discussed in the Holy Quran are part of our diet today such as cucumbers garlic, lentils, and onions were also food for ancient civilizations. These vegetables have numerous health benefits and are included in meals all over the world. People have different taste and choices, but still, they can either use these foods as a salad or even as a main dish. If we sum up this whole debate, we make a conclusion that no one can deny the importance of various vegetables health benefits.