[nextpage title=”1″ ]
Here we have reasons to explain vegetables health benefits that Holy Quran has discussed. This book is the eternal basis of Islam and contains guidelines for people. The Holy Quran has verses that speak of the relevance of the natural equilibrium of the earth and the importance of eating cucumbers, garlic, lentils, and onions. Vegetables are plants that people eat as food and content nutrients like vitamins, essential amino acids, minerals and antioxidants that help to have a better life. Vegetables have tremendous health benefits and people from all over the world include vegetables into their meal.
Vegetables Health Benefits
Let’s start explaining the health benefits and nutritional benefits of vegetables that are also discussed in the Holy Quran, specifically those of cucumbers, garlic, lentils, and onions because they are part of our diet.
You can read the sacred book, how people ask God for food: “To bring forth for us out of what the earth grows, of its herbs and its cucumbers and its garlic and its lentils and its onions”,
Cucumber Health Benefits
- When we talk about vegetables health benefits cucumber gets the first place in that list. Qissa or Khiarun is the Arabic name of this vegetable, which belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. A cucumber is 95% water, so it’s a refreshing relief for hot days because it helps to keep you hydrated. This vegetable also has vitamins K, B and C. It also has minerals such as copper, potassium, and manganese.
- Cucumber contains unique polyphenols that may help to lower the risk of breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer in humans. In the brain, it has a particular job thanks to fisetin, an anti-inflammatory flavonol that prevents memory and brain diseases. Cucumber also freshens your breath and helps you to relieve feelings of anxiety.
- Some people don’t like the taste of cucumber and so tend to avoid it in their diets. If you are one of them, you can put it on your skin to alleviate irritations and sunburns. It also helps with puffy eyes, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties.
Garlic Health Benefits
- Soom is the Arabic name of this plant, which belongs to the Alliaceae family. Food that contains garlic can be very helpful against diseases like paralysis, digestive problems, asthma, intestine pain, cough, and headache. Some people even drink garlic juice, because it works dissolving accumulated mucus in bronchial tubes and lungs, helping them to breathe better.
- Garlic is a known rejuvenator, due to its high percentage of vitamins and minerals. This aromatic spice is very efficient against heart diseases because it removes toxins and revitalizes the blood. People with blood pressure problems eat it as part of their daily diet since it also dissolves fats.
- Garlic has diallyl sulfide and is very effective fighting the Campylobacter bacteria that causes intestinal infections, according to a study published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy.
[nextpage title=”2″ ]
Onions Health Benefits
- The Arabic name of Onions is Basal, and they belong to the Alliaceae family. Garlic and onions are part of the same family, like cousins. Onions famously help improve sperm production in men, and the bulbs are considered aphrodisiac.
- This vegetable is proven to promote the general health of the body when eaten raw, thanks to the diuretic, expectorant and antiseptic properties. Women with menstrual and intestinal pains should eat it.
- This vegetable is proven to promote the general health of the body when eaten raw, thanks to the diuretic, expectorant and antiseptic properties.
- Also, baked onions are used to remove an infection from sores. As part of natural first aids fresh onion juice works as the anti-inflammatory for bee and wasp stings, animal bites, and poisonous plants’ grazes.
- A lot of investigation studies demonstrate that onions protect heart and blood vessels when it is consumed in a diet rich in other vegetables and fruits.
Lentils Health Benefits
- Lentils belong to the Leguminosae Family, and the Arabic name of this grain is Adas. Lentils are low in calories and high in nutrients. They contain high levels of soluble fiber, folate, and magnesium, which is why they help to reduce blood cholesterol, keeping arteries clean.
- The fiber helps to prevent digestive disorders and stabilize blood sugar levels. People with diabetes and hypoglycemia must have a diet rich in lentils.
- Lentils also help to prevent heart diseases. The magnesium mainly improves the body function, because it improves blood flood and oxygen. Medical studies prove that low levels of magnesium in the body are associated with heart diseases.
- Lentils also contain a high level of protein and iron, so it helps to increases energy in the body.
- Lentils are one of the world healthiest foods and a cup of lentils only has 230 calories, this is a nutritional plate that will fill you up and not out.
Vegetables that are discussed in the Holy Quran are part of our diet today such as cucumbers garlic, lentils, and onions were also food for ancient civilizations. These vegetables have numerous health benefits and are included in meals all over the world. People have different taste and choices, but still, they can either use these foods as a salad or even as a main dish. If we sum up this whole debate, we make a conclusion that no one can deny the importance of various vegetables health benefits.