[nextpage title=”1″ ]
Why do We Need Vitamins and Minerals?
People always talk about fat, protein, carbohydrates and sugar requirements for a healthy body. Whenever someone designs any diet plan, always try to focus on these macro-nutrients. It’s a truth that these macronutrients are essential, but it does not mean that we can ignore the importance of vitamin and minerals. Deficiencies of vitamins and minerals may result in the lack of performance and probably harm your healthy lifestyle.
By the proper intakes of vitamins and minerals and by following a few other healthful practices from youth or middle age on, you can extend your life and years of well-being by twenty-five years
Vitamins are the micronutrients that are present in the bodies in small amounts. There are two types of vitamins which are Fat soluble (A, D, E, K) and Water Soluble (B, C). You should consume both types of vitamins to make your body active and energetic.
Requirements of Vitamins and Minerals Supplements
A human body needs vitamins and minerals at every stage of life. Our body only performs well if we give it to the right dose of macronutrients and vitamins and minerals. Let’s go for these reasons that make vitamins and minerals supplements equally valuable for a healthy body.
- Poor digestions of foods limit the intake of vitamin and mineral in the body. Such as if you do not chew well or even eat too fast.
- Excessive intake of tea and coffee can cause inflammation of the digestive linings that results in less extraction of vitamin and mineral.
- Excess intake of alcohol slows the metabolism and digestion procedure that ultimately puts an extra load on the liver and damage it.
- Sticking with fad diets or low calories diet such as 800 calories diet for a longer duration can cause a serious lack of vitamin and mineral intake.
- Overcooking of foods including vegetables destroys the minerals. Light steaming is preferable.
- Vitamin E reduces after defrosting of foods.
- Antibiotics are best known to fight against infection, but it also fights against friendly bacteria which helps the absorption of B vitamins.
- People have different types of food allergies. Such as nuts allergies and the most common gluten or lactose allergies. Skipping gluten foods mean the loss of significant dietary sources of nutrients that include thiamine and calcium.
Accident and illness
- Incidents such as burning may result in loss of protein. Similarly, surgery enhances the requirements of zinc and vitamin E.
- Vitamin B2, B5, B6 and C requirements increase because of physical and emotional stress.
- During pregnancy, extra 300 calories are needed which mean if there is an increase in fat, protein and carbohydrates requirements then there should be an increase in vitamins and minerals requirements. Nutrients that should increase includes B1, B2, B3 folic acid, A, D, E and minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc.
- Athletic needs to eat more because of increased energy requirements to the body to perform physical activities. They also need an excess dosage of Vitamin C and iron.
[nextpage title=”2″ ]
List of Vitamins and Minerals
Lack of energy and the feeling of fatigue is a complaint regarding age-old. Human body energy levels only increase by intake of Vitamins. For an energetic and long life, Vitamin B is necessary. Natural foods are abundant with the Vitamin B. The typical American diet has a deficiency of Vitamin B. We see a Vitamin B deficiency in people who are on weight-loss diets.
(B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid (B9), cyanocobalamin (B12), pantothenic acid and these vitamins include in a group of eight vitamins. In energy production, each vitamin plays a significant role. B-complex is important with any single B-vitamin to increase energy levels.
Vitamins and Minerals functions
- Role in the metabolic process of food and alcohol B1-Thiamin vitamin plays a significant role. The Action of the adrenal gland and boosts immunity function.
- Fatigue, blindness, and anemia are caused due to the low levels intake of the B2-Riboflavin. For the production of energy, Riboflavin is required.
- To produce energy in the body, the vitamin B3-Niacin also helps. For treating neurological diseases and high cholesterol, Niacin is used. Niacin reduces the production of lipoproteins, an important risk factor in heart patients if the patient uses it with the combination of Vitamin C.
- On the list of the main energy boosters, B5-Pantothenic acid is always on the top. It is also known as an ‘anti-stress’ vitamin.
- To fight fatigue B12 also helps a lot. For the formation of red blood cells, Vitamin B12 is a vital nutrient. With our energy levels, Red blood cells are associated.
- B-complex vitamins work better if you want to keep yours energy level high.
- B6 (Pyridoxine) promotes carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Carbohydrates are the primary source of fuel in the body.
- B9 (Folic Acid) important to suit aerobic activities.
- The main purpose of vitamins and minerals include repair and growth of body cells, tissues, and organs such as skin, bone, and muscles.
- They also encourage chemical process in the body like whole digestion process.
- Consistently lower intakes of vitamins and minerals may result in different diseases such as loss of appetite and energy, beriberi, and pain in the calf muscles.
- Few more conditions include lip and tongue soreness, skin lesions, skin problems but should be careful or avoid extra dosage of vitamins as well.