The Importance of Vitamins and Minerals of Nuts during Pregnancy
Popular Nuts Nutrition Facts
Nuts are a good source of polyunsaturated fats, proteins and having a delicious taste that makes them a preferable snack. Most commonly eaten nuts are peanuts, almonds, walnuts, Brazilian nuts, cashews, and pistachio. Nuts offer versatile benefits to human body.
Average Calories from Nuts
- Average 25 gm quantity provides over 130 calories and 5 gm of protein. People should be careful while eating in bulk quantity because it can make them fat.
Almonds Nuts Nutrition Facts
- 25 gm of serving provides 144 calories, 12 gm fat, 5 gm carbohydrates, 5 gm protein, fiber 3 gm (which is almost equal ¼ daily requirements). It is also a good source of calcium and magnesium.
Peanuts Nutrition Facts
- 25 gm of serving provides 140 calories, 12 gm fat ( polyunsaturated 4 gm, monounsaturated 6 gm), 4 gm carbohydrates, 6.5 gm protein, fiber 2gm. It is also a good source of iron and magnesium.
Cashew Nuts Nutrition Facts
- 25 gm of serving provides 138 calories but varies according to different uses, 11 gm fat (polyunsaturated 2 gm, monounsaturated 6 gm), 8 gm carbohydrates, 4.5 gm protein, fiber 1 gm. It is also a good source of iron, magnesium and vitamin B6.
Pistachio Nuts Nutrition Facts
- 25 gm of serving provides 140 calories, 11 gm fat (polyunsaturated 3.5 gm, monounsaturated 6 gm), 7 gm carbohydrates, 5 gm protein, fiber 2.5 gm. It is also a good source of magnesium and vitamin B6.
Hazelnuts Nutrition Facts
- 25 gm of serving provides 167 calories, 15 gm fat (polyunsaturated 1 gm, monounsaturated 11 gm), 4 gm carbohydrates, 4 gm protein, fiber 2.5 gm. It is also a good of iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
Brazil nuts Nutrition Facts
- 25 gm of serving provides 164 calories, 16.5 gm fat (polyunsaturated 4 gm, monounsaturated 5 gm), 3 gm carbohydrates, 3.5 gm protein, fiber 2 gm. It is also a good of iron and magnesium.
Nuts during Pregnancy as a Snack
- Eating almonds in the morning could be a good choice. You can eat peanuts before or even after your workout because it is an excellent source of protein.
- Nuts are known as a good healthy snack. You can add almonds, peanuts in your post workout shake and even add them to the porridge to make you fuller up to 4 hours.
- Nowadays nuts are used as butter such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter which means you can have more options to make your breakfast more delicious and tasty. For example, slice in the morning and add one spoon of butter is a good idea. If you are looking evening snack then probably these butter can be used on biscuits as well. Peanut butter can also be included into your smoothie.
- We can also obtain oil from nuts though it is too expensive. Such as peanut oil and almond oil.
- Nuts add incredible taste and nutritional value to cakes.
There are plenty of other things that are incomplete without nuts such as croissants, cupcakes, energy bars and lots of other bakery items.